Saturday, September 11, 2010

A Work Day

I worked yesterday at Annie Ruby's Cafe from 9am-3pm.

I washed dishes,

thought about life,

made fruit salad,

smiled at an older man,

dropped a glass bowl.

I ate half of a cream filled donut,

ran into the door,

laughed at something that wasn’t that funny,

cleaned the front window,

opened all 4 fridges,

reapplied lipstick,

sifted powdered sugar,

opened a large can of hot fudge,

restocked the waffle cones,

told someone something about me,

took a lunch break,

wrote a ticket for a brownie sunday,

forgot to serve a unsweet tea,

got a head ache,

chopped celery,

ate a lemon cookie,

put away the cool whip,

changed the sink water,

knocked over the Dawn dish soap,

met a girl who couldn’t speak,

brought a woman some plane chips,

made an orange aide,

took a bathroom break,

washed romaine,

sung a song in my head,

brought the cook a Dr. Pepper,

watched a youtube video,

scrubbed a cookie sheet,

heard a story about beer,

talked to my mom,

dropped an ice cube,

laughed at something that really was funny,

saw a man in a red bow tie,

wiped off a table that looked clean,

stirred the carmel,

went looking for mayo,

confessed my love of Michael Bubble,

looked -unsuccessfully- for straws,

got my tips from the day before,

talked about my work schedule,

chopped 5 boiled eggs,

saw a yellow cake come out of the oven,

heard about a death in the family,

took off my shoes,

put them back on,

remembered not to take life to seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment