Friday, February 17, 2012

Before You Skip Town



I shouldn’t have answered your call
and I shouldn’t have asked you to call again
I know this now, somethings just have to run through

But lets have dinner
just one more night
I’ll light candles to warm the air
You'll dance around
and over the pressing issues
that nether of us care to cover
Leaving them in old shelters to gather even older dust
Waiting for a remembrance day

And don’t be mad at me for wishing for change
It was change that seemed to be
tugging at my particular sleeve!
Its pulled me down back streets and around corners
Over manholes breathing out ozone
Passing out only more delicious questions
So you can't blame me for getting lost in the moment

Won’t you come see me
just once before you skip town
we’ll draw with sharpies on our wrists
like scars of a last attempt

For in this state we have overstayed
My dear you and I are overused
Falling to pieces
But lovely still in candle light
With the voices of children
Laughing, like a reason for celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment